A critically ill person with a MRSA infection is placed in isolation. Anyone who enters must wear a gown or gloves, but not necessarily a mask. The patient is treated with antibiotics (often more than one antibiotic) that the bacteria is susceptible to.
- Q Can severe angina require treatment in the intensive care unit (ICU)?
- Q How is multiple organ failure treated in a the intensive care unit (ICU)?
- Q How is critical care medicine different from emergency medicine?
- Q What is critical care medicine?
- Q How is a heart attack diagnosed and treated in critical care?
- Q How can critical care help those with life-threatening illnesses?