What's a natural treatment for calluses?

Licorice contains estrogen-like substances that soften the hard skin of calluses and corns. Make a paste by grinding three or four licorice sticks and mixing it with half a teaspoon of sesame oil. Rub the paste on the rough areas of your feet nightly until the calluses soften and decrease in size.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Corns, Calluses & Bunions

Should I Worry About This Bony Bump on My Foot?
Among the many joys of getting older—along with gray hair, wrinkles, and mid-section bulge—are bunions, those annoying bony bumps that form on the sid...
What is the difference between calluses and corns?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
These terms are often used interchangeably. Both are regions of thickened skin from increased pr...
Why does a callus form?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
A callus can develop on any area of skin that is repeatedly exposed to friction or pressure. As a re...
What Shoes Are Good for Bunions?
What Shoes Are Good for Bunions?