In constipation, intestinal processes are slowed down for various reasons. If left untreated, constipation causes fecal matter to build up in the large intestine and rectum. This mostly causes discomfort, though it may also cause you to feel abdominal pain and a feeling of sluggishness.
- Q Can constipation occur more than once?
- Q Is acute constipation serious?
- Q Does acute constipation affect women differently than men?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with chronic constipation?
- Q How common is chronic constipation?
- Q What's the best way to deal with constipation?