In constipation, intestinal processes are slowed down for various reasons. If left untreated, constipation causes fecal matter to build up in the large intestine and rectum. This mostly causes discomfort, though it may also cause you to feel abdominal pain and a feeling of sluggishness.
- Q What is chronic functional constipation?
- Q How common is chronic constipation?
- Q How common is acute constipation?
- Q Does constipation affect women differently than men?
- Q What is constipation?
- Q What is constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (C-IBS)?