In constipation, intestinal processes are slowed down for various reasons. If left untreated, constipation causes fecal matter to build up in the large intestine and rectum. This mostly causes discomfort, though it may also cause you to feel abdominal pain and a feeling of sluggishness.
- Q Is acute constipation serious?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with chronic constipation?
- Q What's the best way to deal with constipation?
- Q Should I be worried about constipation and diarrhea?
- Q Should I be tested for acute constipation?
- Q Can acute constipation occur more than once?