Taking magnesium with calcium can help with constipation. Some preparations of calcium contain magnesium in the same tablet. It is important to follow the dosage guidelines, because too much magnesium can result in diarrhea. Using the citrate form of calcium may also help with constipation.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with constipation?
- Q What are the treatment options for acute constipation?
- Q How much fiber should I consume to treat constipation?
- Q How can chronic constipation be cured?
- Q Besides a high fiber diet, what can I do for my chronic constipation?
- Q What is triphala herbal medicine for constipation?