Can I take my medications before a colonoscopy?

Most medications can be continued as usual if you're getting a colonoscopy, but some medications can interfere with the preparation or the examination. Inform your doctor about medications you're taking, particularly aspirin products, arthritis medications, anticoagulants (blood thinners such as warfarin or heparin), clopidogrel, insulin or iron products. Also, be sure to mention allergies you have to medications.

Continue Learning about Colonoscopy

What are the side effects of bowel preparation before a colonoscopy?
American Society for Gastrointestinal EndoscopyAmerican Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
The type and severity of side effects of bowel prep before colonoscopy differ among patients. They a...
How can I prepare myself for a colonoscopy?
To prepare for a colonoscopy—a screening test for cancer or any polyps in your colon that could beco...
When Should I Have a Colonoscopy?
When Should I Have a Colonoscopy?
How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy