Make sure that you get your flu shot ASAP afterward, as it takes about two weeks to kick in. Once it does, it's about 70% to 80% effective in preventing flu hospitalizations and fatalities.
- Q Why is it important to get the flu vaccine as I get older?
- Q How is the flu vaccine designed to target specific flu viruses?
- Q Who can receive the intradermal flu vaccine?
- Q Are there risks from getting an intradermal flu vaccine?
- Q Where can I find more information about the Fluzone High-Dose flu vaccine?
- Q How are the viruses for the flu vaccine selected?