Make sure that you get your flu shot ASAP afterward, as it takes about two weeks to kick in. Once it does, it's about 70% to 80% effective in preventing flu hospitalizations and fatalities.
- Q Is the high-dose flu vaccine safe?
- Q Who can receive the intradermal flu vaccine?
- Q Should I get a flu shot every year if I have had a tumor removed?
- Q Does the nasal spray flu vaccine contain thimerosal?
- Q How long does the flu vaccine last?
- Q Is an intradermal flu vaccine as effective as the regular flu shot?