Make sure that you get your flu shot ASAP afterward, as it takes about two weeks to kick in. Once it does, it's about 70% to 80% effective in preventing flu hospitalizations and fatalities.
- Q Will the 2012-2013 flu vaccine protect me against H3N2v infection?
- Q Are there risks from getting an intradermal flu vaccine?
- Q Does the nasal spray flu vaccine contain thimerosal?
- Q What is the nasal spray flu vaccine?
- Q What are flu vaccine guidelines for young children?
- Q What causes pain in my arm after a flu shot?