Make sure that you get your flu shot ASAP afterward, as it takes about two weeks to kick in. Once it does, it's about 70% to 80% effective in preventing flu hospitalizations and fatalities.
- Q How much vaccine will be available for the 2012-2013 flu season?
- Q Who can receive the intradermal flu vaccine?
- Q Is the high-dose flu vaccine more effective than the regular flu shot?
- Q What is the nasal spray flu vaccine?
- Q How long does the flu vaccine last?
- Q What are possible side effects of the intradermal flu vaccine?