Make sure that you get your flu shot ASAP afterward, as it takes about two weeks to kick in. Once it does, it's about 70% to 80% effective in preventing flu hospitalizations and fatalities.
- Q Are there risks from getting an intradermal flu vaccine?
- Q How well matched is the flu vaccine to each year's circulating viruses?
- Q What flu viruses will the 2012-2013 flu vaccine protect against?
- Q Why should I sleep well before I get my flu shot?
- Q Who can use the nasal spray flu vaccine?
- Q What is the nasal spray flu vaccine?