Make sure that you get your flu shot ASAP afterward, as it takes about two weeks to kick in. Once it does, it's about 70% to 80% effective in preventing flu hospitalizations and fatalities.
- Q Why do some people feel sick after they've gotten a flu shot?
- Q Should I worry that I've been given two flu shots?
- Q Why is there a high-dose version of the flu shot for seniors?
- Q What are flu vaccine guidelines for young children?
- Q Who can get the Fluzone High-Dose flu vaccine?
- Q Who produces the flu vaccine for the United States?