Should babies get flu shots?

Dr. Elif E. Oker, MD
Medical Toxicologist

Flu shots are widely recommended for children age 6 months and older annually. Very young children are at risk for the complications of flu. While the flu vaccine is not 100% effective, children who recieve the flu vaccine and end up getting the flu are likely to have a milder case of the illness. Whether you choose to give your child the flu vaccine is a question you and your pediatrician need to discuss. The best decision on vaccination is an informed one.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Best Way to Stay Healthy? Call In Sick
Best Way to Stay Healthy? Call In Sick
Next time you get a sore throat and sniffles, here's what you need to do to avoid can't-get-out-of-bed misery later: stay home. Research shows that pe...
Can I get a flu shot if I am allergic to egg whites?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers these recommendations regarding flu vacc...
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked7 Cold and Flu Myths—Debunked
Get the facts on the cold and flu and keep your family healthy this season.
Is Cold and Cough Medicine Safe for Toddlers?