Can antibiotics help treat a cold?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Both the flu (influenza) and the common cold are caused by viruses, so antibiotics do not treat them. However, some of the complications of colds and influenza are bacterial, such as ear infections, sinus infections, and pneumonia. Antibiotics can be used to treat these complications.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

How to Survive Cold and Flu Season This Year
How to Survive Cold and Flu Season This YearHow to Survive Cold and Flu Season This YearHow to Survive Cold and Flu Season This YearHow to Survive Cold and Flu Season This Year
From opening a window for a little fresh air to disinfecting your kids’ toys, these easy tips can keep you healthy during cold and flu season. ‘Tis th...
How Is Folding Proteins Fun?
How Is Folding Proteins Fun?
When Should I See A Doctor for a Cold or Flu?
What Are Umckaloabo Supplements?
What Are Umckaloabo Supplements?