What can my teenager do to reduce the effects of caffeine on his sleep?

“Adolescents commonly have problems with sleep, so adding caffeine to the mix only makes things worse,” says Carlos Lerner, MD, medical director for the UCLA Children’s Health Center. “Older kids should limit caffeine to a reasonable or minimal amount, and if they do choose to consume caffeinated drinks, they shouldn’t do it close to bedtime.”

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Can I Drink Coffee on the Ornish Program?
Photo Credit: Amanda Mathson, via http://amandamathson.co/ Are you one of the 87% of Americans who reach for a morning cup of joe or tea to jumpstart...
Is coffee good for the brain?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
You may be happy to know that caffeine can be good for the brain. Everyone who relies on their morni...
How does drinking coffee affect blood sugar?
Eating high-fat, high-calorie fast food can cause elevated blood sugar levels. And a study suggests ...
Caffeine and Prostate Cancer
Caffeine and Prostate Cancer