Why do I still have chest pain after my stent?

Najam Javeed, MD from Medical Center of Trinity speaks on the different factors that may influence chest pain. Watch this video to learn more.
Why Do I Still Have Chest Pain After My Stent?

Residual soreness of the chest immediately following a coronary stent procedure is common. If you are still experiencing chest pain after having a stent that is similar to the pain before your stent then there could be several reasons. One, the pain you are having wasn't caused by the blockage in your heart artery where the stent was placed. You could have some small blood vessels in the heart that have disease that could cause you pain, but not large enough to have a stent put in or the stent could be developing an obstruction. No matter what the reason, you need to see your heart doctor again to determine the reason.

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

Heart and Circulatory System

Heart and Circulatory System

Your circulatory system is made up of your heart and three main types of blood vessels -- arteries, veins and capillaries. Your heart is at the center of the system, acting as a pump to distribute nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood t...

hrough your body; it then takes away carbon dioxide and other waste your body doesn't need. Signs of poor circulation include cold hands and feet, numbness, dizziness, migraines, varicose veins and pain in your feet or legs. Untreated, poor circulation can lead to stroke, high blood pressure, kidney damage and other diseases. Learn more about your heart and circulatory system with expert advice from Sharecare.