question

Why do I still have chest pain after my stent?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Donna Hill Howes, RN
answer

Residual soreness of the chest immediately following a coronary stent procedure is common. If you are still experiencing chest pain after having a stent that is similar to the pain before your stent then there could be several reasons. One, the pain you are having wasn't caused by the blockage in your heart artery where the stent was placed. You could have some small blood vessels in the heart that have disease that could cause you pain, but not large enough to have a stent put in or the stent could be developing an obstruction. No matter what the reason, you need to see your heart doctor again to determine the reason.

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

This Could Be the Most Important Meal for Your Heart
You’ve heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And, in fact, a growing body of evidence suggests that eating a morning meal has a ...
The Surprising Link Between Your Brain and Heart
What’s good for your heart may also be good for your brain and your mood. A report in the Gallup-Sharecare State of American Well-Being series measure...
Some Irregular Heartbeats May Trigger Cardiac Arrest
Cardiac arrest occurs when your heart stops pumping suddenly. Unlike a heart attack, which occurs when the blood flow that supplies the heart with oxy...
5 Ways To Protect Your Heart in Cold Weather
Each year, around 100 Americans die while shoveling snow, or shortly afterward. Hundreds more are hospitalized for related heart problems. Most are me...