What is the carotid artery?

The carotid artery is one of two major vessels, on either side of the neck, that supply blood to the brain; each one divides into external and internal carotid arteries, which carry blood to the face and neck and the front part of the brain, respectively.

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

Are You At Risk for DVT?
Are You At Risk for DVT?
The movie The 33 details the lives of 33 Chilean miners who were exploring a vein of copper deep in the earth when a cave-in trapped them in the narro...
How often should I check my blood pressure at home?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Monitor your blood pressure at least 2 or 3 times a week, at different times of the day. When you're...
Can patients with diabetes undergo angioplasty?
SCAISCAI
While more studies are needed to determine if all patients with diabetes are suitable candidates for...
Dr. Craig Smith - What are the Risks Associated with LVADs?