In the United States, the driving regulations for heart patients vary, depending on the state where you live or are traveling. Therefore, it is important to check with the interventional cardiologist who will be performing your cardiac catheterization procedure and with your primary care physician regarding your ability to drive after the procedure. If you have any doubts, you can also check with your state’s motor vehicle department to obtain information about how soon you can drive after the procedure.
- Q How does my doctor decide which cardiovascular tests I need?
- Q What tests are used to assess cardiovascular risk?
- Q What should I do after my ambulatory telemetry monitoring period?
- Q What should I do while on ambulatory telemetry monitoring?
- Q What questions should I ask before having a heart catheterization?
- Q What happens before ambulatory telemetry begins?