How soon can I drive following a cardiac catheterization?

SCAI
Administration

In the United States, the driving regulations for heart patients vary, depending on the state where you live or are traveling. Therefore, it is important to check with the interventional cardiologist who will be performing your cardiac catheterization procedure and with your primary care physician regarding your ability to drive after the procedure. If you have any doubts, you can also check with your state’s motor vehicle department to obtain information about how soon you can drive after the procedure.

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

Heart and Circulatory System

Heart and Circulatory System

Your circulatory system is made up of your heart and three main types of blood vessels -- arteries, veins and capillaries. Your heart is at the center of the system, acting as a pump to distribute nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood t...

hrough your body; it then takes away carbon dioxide and other waste your body doesn't need. Signs of poor circulation include cold hands and feet, numbness, dizziness, migraines, varicose veins and pain in your feet or legs. Untreated, poor circulation can lead to stroke, high blood pressure, kidney damage and other diseases. Learn more about your heart and circulatory system with expert advice from Sharecare.