A leaking valve can certainly lead to fatigue. When a valve is leaking, some of the blood moves backward instead of moving forward. The heart has to work extra hard to handle the blood that isn't flowing efficiently. This usually leads to a reduction in blood that is ejected from the heart with each heartbeat. When blood is not flowing efficiently to the rest of the body, it can lead to fatigue. Heart valve disease does not usually present with chest pain, but some heart valve conditions can cause chest pain in some people.
- Q What is the cardiovascular system?
- Q What is cyanosis?
- Q What is the goal of treatment for an AVM in the brain?
- Q Why is embolization needed for an AVM in the brain?
- Q How can the removal of an AVM in the brain cause aphasia?
- Q How important is strict blood sugar management after CABG surgery?