Do children have higher risk of developing cancer due to cell phones?

It's unknown if children have a higher risk of developing cancer due to cell phone radiation, but caution is advised. In this video, I will discuss my concerns and share key safety tips to protect you and your family.

There are currently no data on cellular telephone use and risk of cancer in children because no published studies to date have included children. Cellular telephone use is increasing rapidly in children and adolescents, and they are likely to accumulate many years of exposure during their lives. In addition, children may be at greater risk because their nervous systems are still developing at the time of exposure. A large case-control study of childhood brain cancer in several Northern European countries is in progress.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Children & Teens With Cancer

What is a pediatric oncologist?
A pediatric oncologist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating cancers in chi...
Has adolescent cancer survival improved?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Childhood cancer incidence and survival has increased slightly over the past few decades. One number...
What is pediatric neuro-oncology?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
It is the study of brain tumors in children
What type of cancer is most common in adolescents?
Dr. Richard RicciardiDr. Richard Ricciardi
Leukemia and Lymphoma, followed by germ cell tumors (cancers that begin in cells that give rise to s...