Should I try to embarrass my overweight children so they lose weight?

Shaming overweight kids is never a good idea. Watch this video to learn why a group of doctors featured on The Dr. Oz Show believe making kids feel bad about their weight is more akin to bullying than tough love.

Continue Learning about Childhood Obesity

Parental Negativity Can Cause Childhood Obesity
President Richard Nixon’s VP, Spiro Agnew, called investigative journalists “nattering nabobs of negativism.” But it was the VP who showed up in the n...
Is there a link between childhood obesity and depression?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
There is a link between childhood obesity and depression. Data from the government's National Health...
How can I reduce my child's risk for obesity?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
There are steps that parents can take to prevent or reduce the risk of their children becoming o...
What Is the Connection Between Stress and Obesity?