Where on the body does the chickenpox rash spread?

The rash associated with chickenpox usually begins on the face, chest, and back, and can pretty much spread everywhere. This means that you can find blisters in the mouth, ears, nose, scalp, and genital area. Be careful when applying any anti-itch creams to sensitive areas. And try not to aggravate any mouth blisters with foods that are hot or are laden with spices.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

Is chickenpox serious?
When chickenpox infects a normally healthy child, it usually will clear up without special treat...
When should I call my child’s doctor about chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor if your child: • Is lethargic (does not smile or show interest in playing ...
How long should I keep my child out of school with the chickenpox?
The trouble with chickenpox is that it is contagious for a good majority of the time your child has ...
How long will my child with chickenpox be contagious?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
A child with chickenpox is contagious about two days before the rash appears and until all the sores...