Where on the body does the chickenpox rash spread?

The rash associated with chickenpox usually begins on the face, chest, and back, and can pretty much spread everywhere. This means that you can find blisters in the mouth, ears, nose, scalp, and genital area. Be careful when applying any anti-itch creams to sensitive areas. And try not to aggravate any mouth blisters with foods that are hot or are laden with spices.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

When should I call my child’s doctor about chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor if your child: • Is lethargic (does not smile or show interest in playing ...
How long should I keep my child out of school with the chickenpox?
If your child has chicken pox, you should keep him out of school until he is no longer contagious. C...
How long does chickenpox usually last?
Chickenpox usually sticks around for longer than you'd like. The blisters don't all appear at once. ...