Can I take an antihistamine for the itch of chickenpox?

Sometimes doctors will suggest people with chickenpox take an antihistamine for the itchiness related to the disease. You will want to make sure your doctor knows about any underlying health conditions you have and any other medications you are taking, though. Also, if your child has chickenpox, talk to your doctor about the safety of the medication in children.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox Treatment

What treatment will my child get for chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Your child’s doctor will talk with you about specific care for your child. Some general guidelines t...
How can I relieve the itching from my child’s chickenpox?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
•        Give him frequent lukewarm baths, (you may add baking soda or oatmeal to the bath water)•  ...
What medications treat chickenpox?
Children with chickenpox usually don't take any medications to help treat it. But if you're at risk ...
What are the treatment options for chickenpox?
Time is usually the main treatment option for children with chickenpox. It is caused by a virus, so ...