How common is celiac disease in children?

Michael Albertson, MD
Gastroenterology
Experts believe about 1 in 200 children may have celiac disease. If you have a child who is not growing well or has all kinds of stomach troubles or bowel problems, the pediatrician should probably check him or her for celiac disease.

Continue Learning about Celiac Disease

Fatigue? Bloating? Aching Joints? You May Have This Autoimmune Disease
Gluten-free diets have recently gained popularity, but for people with celiac disease, avoiding it is a necessity, not a fad. Celiac disease is an aut...
When should I call my doctor if I have celiac disease?
If you are already diagnosed with celiac disease but are continuing to have problematic symptoms suc...
How common is celiac disease?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Celiac disease is on the rise. It is caused by an allergy to gluten. Watch this video with Robin Mil...
What Is the Difference Between Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance?