What lens implant is best if I have cataracts and macular degeneration?

It is usually better to have a standard implant rather than one of the new multifocal implants as you most likely will still need glasses for reading. The multifocal implants generally work best when the macula is normal.

Continue Learning about Cataracts

Unexpected Impact of Cataract Surgery on Car-Related Injuries
Cleopatra and her crew, floating on her royal barge down the Nile from Aswan to Khartoum, had to watch out for the six cataracts that could damage the...
When should I see a doctor about cataracts?
You should see a doctor about cataracts if you have a gradual painless unilateral vision loss. Y...
Can a cataract come back after cataract surgery?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Cataracts do not come back after cataract surgery. Cataract surgery removes a cloudy lens from the e...
Advances in Cataract Surgery and the Future of Eye Care