How many calories can I burn vacuuming?

How many calories can I burn vacuuming?

Sam I. Am
Financial Health
Different people burn calories at different rates, but the level of intensity and the duration of your chosen activity will determine how many calories you will burn. Yes, it's true, even vacuuming burns some calories! Generally speaking, the faster your heart rate, the greater the caloric burn. So if you've got a huge house and work at a vigorous pace, you could even consider it a cardio workout. Did you know that you can increase the rate at which you burn calories? By simply adding a little lean muscle to your body by participating in a resistance training program, you can increase the number of calories your body burns on a daily basis. A faster metabolism means less body fat. You don't need to look like a bodybuilder to benefit from this either, even a little new muscle will help. Your new and improved metabolism will help you burn more calories day and night, and applies to all activities, including vacuuming. Happy house cleaning!
A 150 pound person can burn approximately 238 calories per hour vacuuming the house.
In this instance, a bigger house is better! A 150 pound person can burn around 239 calories an hour pushing the vacuum around.

Continue Learning about Calories

Calories

Every time we talk about food it seems we also talk about calories. Calories, those numbers found on nutrition fact labels and what diets tell us to watch. Calories are really the measure of how much energy is available to our bod...

ies from what we eat. Every calorie is the same, whether it comes from legumes or lard. We burn calories from food when we perform any activity. When we eat more calories than we burn, then our bodies happily store the remaining calories as fat. Each pound of fat stores about 3,500 calories. How many calories you should have each day depends on many things, from your level of activity to your age and desired body weight.