How does eating frequent meals affect calorie consumption?

Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Family Medicine
Frequent eating has been shown to increase calorie consumption. In addition, scientific studies, have shown that reduced meal frequency increases the life span of both rodents and monkeys, even when the calories consumed were the same in the group fed more frequently and in the group fed less frequently. The body needs time between meals to finish digestion. Only when the digestion has ended, can the body most effectively detoxify and promote cellular repair. To maximize health, it is not favorable to be constantly eating and digesting food.
Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep It Off, Look Younger, Live Longer (2 Volume Set)

Dr. Fuhrman's scientifically proven system, Eat For Health, enables you to finally conquer your cravings and food addictions, while steering your taste buds toward healthier food choices. Medical...

Continue Learning about Calories

When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
Americans have a love-hate affair with calories. At any given moment, more than 4 out of 10 of us say we're on a diet, yet we are gobbling 300 calorie...
How many calories can I burn doing housework?
A 150 pound person can burn around 170 calories per hour doing light cleaning (dusting, straight...
How can I cut calories from fast food?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
To cut calories from fast food, think about what you are going to eat and make as many healthy choic...
How Can I Cut Calories from Condiments?
How Can I Cut Calories from Condiments?