How many calories can I burn raking leaves?

Sari Greaves
In October, enjoy the splendor of the season and burn calories by raking up those fallen leaves! The average 150 pound person will burn about 235 calories in 45 minutes of leaf-raking. So grab your rake and get out there! Your yard will look great and so will you!

Continue Learning about Calories

When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
When Calories Do—and Don't—Count
Americans have a love-hate affair with calories. At any given moment, more than 4 out of 10 of us say we're on a diet, yet we are gobbling 300 calorie...
How do low-viscosity, high-calorie foods affect my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
In addition to being low in volume for the amount of calories they contain, typical foods in the wes...
How many calories are in dairy products?
Ozgen DoganOzgen Dogan
Here are some examples of calories in dairy products: 1 glass whole milk, 167 calories; 1 glass ...
Calorie Labels Help Guide Healthier Eating