What is an oblique fracture?

An oblique fracture is a relatively common fracture in which the bone breaks diagonally. Oblique fractures can vary in severity, depending on what bone is affected and how large the break is. Oblique fractures tend to occur on longer bones like the femur or tibia.

Picture of Fracture Types

Continue Learning about Broken Bones

How can I tell if I've fractured my elbow?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
When an elbow fracture is suspected, the individual... May be holding the arm and elbow at an odd...
How long is the recovery time for a fractured pelvis?
Bone healing typically occurs within 6 to 16 weeks; however, the strength of the bone and the abilit...
Is there anything I can do to help a bone heal faster?
There have been many claims that electrical stimulation, ultrasound treatment, and even magnets can ...
Can Elderly Women Decrease Their Risk for Falls and Fractures Even If They Start Exercising in Their 70's?