Why should I take deep breaths when I wake up?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Before jumping out of bed, take three long slow deep abdominal breaths and bathe your sleepy organs in nourishing oxygen. Inhale. Exhale. Breath is the source of nourishment for your vital organs: brain, heart, and liver. It may seem simple, but breath is the easiest, most available conduit to emotional, physical, and spiritual well being.

Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercises

The Benefits of Deep Breathing
The Benefits of Deep Breathing
In To Have and Have Not, Marie (Lauren Bacall) asks Harry (Humphrey Bogart), “You know how to whistle don’t you? You just put your lips together and b...
How does breathing help during exercise?
Psychologically, breathing can help during exercise in many ways. Breathing has been found to relax ...
Can deep breathing improve athletic performance?
Deep breathing will "turn off" unnecessary muscle firing and provide oxygen rich blood for the neces...
Deep Breathe to Lower Your Blood Pressure in Just 30 Seconds