Why should I take deep breaths when I wake up?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Before jumping out of bed, take three long slow deep abdominal breaths and bathe your sleepy organs in nourishing oxygen. Inhale. Exhale. Breath is the source of nourishment for your vital organs: brain, heart, and liver. It may seem simple, but breath is the easiest, most available conduit to emotional, physical, and spiritual well being.

Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Breathing Exercises

The Benefits of Deep Breathing
The Benefits of Deep Breathing
In To Have and Have Not, Marie (Lauren Bacall) asks Harry (Humphrey Bogart), “You know how to whistle don’t you? You just put your lips together and b...
What are the benefits of deep breathing?
What will deep breathing get you? A lot, actually. For one, it helps transport nitric oxide—a very ...
How can deep breathing help me look better?
The biggest beauty thief and ager of all is the stress our minds try to endure day in and day out.A ...
What Breathing Exercise Can I Do to Reduce Stress?