Q

Breathing Exercise Techniques

How do I take a cleansing breath?

• A , Preventive Medicine, answered
    To take a cleansing breath:
    • Inhale deeply into your belly, through the nose (if you can't, use your mouth), bringing the air deeply into the lower lobes of your lungs. As you do this your abdomen will rise. On your out breath, your abdomen will sink back into your spine.
    • Be aware of your ribs. Experience your rib cage expanding and contracting with each deep breath.
    • Inhale to the count of five, and then hold for a moment and then exhale to the count of five.
    Notice how clear your mind feels, how refreshed your body feels, and what strength and power you experience. Set an alarm or have reminders on your mirror, in your car, or at your desk to take cleansing breaths during your busy days and don't forget to pass it on to your children, spouse, and coworkers. It is the gift of life, literally.
    3 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How do I practice deep breathing for relaxation?