Should I worry if my baby doesn't breastfeed much at first?

It’s common for breastfeeding to start off slowly. At first, your baby may only want to nurse once a day. (Breastfeeding is hard work!) Sometimes, she may only nuzzle a bit before falling asleep. This is fine; let your baby set the pace. Over time, she’ll gradually want to nurse more often and for a longer time.

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

The After-Birth Trick for Better Breastfeeding
When Mila Kunis, wife of Ashton Kutcher and star of Bad Moms, breastfed her now four-year-old Wyatt Isabelle in public, she had a straightforward answ...
What types of breast pumps are available?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Breast pumps are manual or electric, but if you plan to pump frequently, you may want to invest in...
Can I breastfeed if I am a vegetarian?
Nilima DesaiNilima Desai
Yes, absolutely! Breastfeeding is considered the Gold standard of nourishment for your baby. Make su...
6 Ways That Show How Breastfeeding Benefits Mom's Health