Absolutely, breastfeeding is a very special experience and one which provides your baby with the best source of nutrition. However, if you are vegetarian do ensure that your diet is well-balanced, varied and adequate in calories, protein and nutrients in the right amounts to meet both your needs for lactation. Consider seeing a registered dietitian specializing in vegetarian nutrition to assess your individual needs and guide you through this process.
- Q Why do I have body odor when I'm breastfeeding?
- Q How may nursing my baby affect my libido?
- Q How much fluid should I drink while breastfeeding?
- Q With diabetes, what should I know about breastfeeding my baby?
- Q How can I increase the benefits of breastfeeding?
- Q Do I need birth control if I am breastfeeding?