Absolutely, breastfeeding is a very special experience and one which provides your baby with the best source of nutrition. However, if you are vegetarian do ensure that your diet is well-balanced, varied and adequate in calories, protein and nutrients in the right amounts to meet both your needs for lactation. Consider seeing a registered dietitian specializing in vegetarian nutrition to assess your individual needs and guide you through this process.
- Q How should I use a breast pump?
- Q How does a baby recognize the scent of his mother?
- Q What pain medication can I take while breastfeeding?
- Q Can I breastfeed my second baby if I didn't with the first?
- Q Why is breast milk helpful for preterm babies?
- Q Why is my baby having a hard time latching on to breastfeed?