Absolutely, breastfeeding is a very special experience and one which provides your baby with the best source of nutrition. However, if you are vegetarian do ensure that your diet is well-balanced, varied and adequate in calories, protein and nutrients in the right amounts to meet both your needs for lactation. Consider seeing a registered dietitian specializing in vegetarian nutrition to assess your individual needs and guide you through this process.
- Q Do I have to restrict my sex life while breastfeeding?
- Q Is it safe to breastfeed while taking prescription pain medication?
- Q What can I do to help my partner breastfeed?
- Q How do I hand express breast milk?
- Q Should I use illegal drugs when breastfeeding?
- Q Do I have to abstain from alcohol while breastfeeding?