Can breastfeeding cause lactose intolerance?

Diana K. Blythe, MD
Pediatrics
Breastfeeding does not cause lactose intolerance. Babies who breastfeed naturally have looser stools and soil their pampers more often. This is normal for breastfed babies and does not mean they have lactose intolerance.

Continue Learning about Breastfeeding A Baby

The After-Birth Trick for Better Breastfeeding
When Mila Kunis, wife of Ashton Kutcher and star of Bad Moms, breastfed her now four-year-old Wyatt Isabelle in public, she had a straightforward answ...
Why do many women choose not to breastfeed?
Tara Beth JohnsonTara Beth Johnson
Support is still sadly lacking in the USA. Even though breastfeeding is natural there is a learning ...
Can I breastfeed my second baby if I didn't with the first?
The idea that you can't breastfeed subsequent babies if you didn't breastfeed in your first pregnanc...
6 Ways That Show How Breastfeeding Benefits Mom's Health