What causes frequent joint dislocations?

Your risk for dislocations is increased if you play sports. Falling and being involved in a car accident also puts you at risk for dislocations.

Young children whose bones are still growing are least likely to suffer from dislocations. They are more likely to break a bone than to experience a dislocation.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
What are the most common wrist injuries?
Fred C. Redfern, MDFred C. Redfern, MD
The most common wrist injury is fracture of the distal radius, or a broken wrist, says Fred Redfern,...
What is traditional shoulder replacement surgery?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
When performing shoulder replacement therapy, the ball of the socket is removed, a stem inserted and...
How Should I Use Ice and Heat to Treat Pain?