question

Can I donate blood if I have undergone dental procedures recently?

American Red Cross
American Red Cross
answer
It is acceptable to donate blood after dental procedures as long as there is no infection present. Wait until finishing antibiotics for a dental infection. Wait for 3 days after having oral surgery.
Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.

Continue Learning about Blood Basics

Why is the D antigen (Rh factor) important during pregnancy?
Why is the D antigen (Rh factor) important during pregnancy? Learn more from our experts about D ant...
Can I donate blood if I have cancer?
Can I donate blood if I have cancer? Eligibility to donate blood depends on the type of cancer and t...
Can I donate blood if I have an STD?
Can I donate blood if I have an STD? You must wait 12 months after treatment for syphilis or gonorrh...
What is hemoglobin and how does it work?
Hemoglobin in the blood. Find out how hemoglobin takes oxygen from the lungs, through the capillarie...