There are some medications that can cause bloating. Bloating is an enlarged abdomen caused by excess gas. A few medications contain sugars that some people cannot completely digest, which can cause excess gas and bloating. Other medications include ingredients that stop the enzymes in your body from digesting your food. Talk to your doctor about switching medications if you are taking any that are causing bloating.
- Q What kind of doctor should I see for my bloating?
- Q Why can starchy food cause stomach bloating?
- Q What should I do if I am a woman over 40 and have bloating?
- Q Do pregnant women get bloating?
- Q Can bloating be prevented?
- Q Why is bloating a symptom women over 40 should not ignore?