Can medications cause bloating?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

There are some medications that can cause bloating. Bloating is an enlarged abdomen caused by excess gas. A few medications contain sugars that some people cannot completely digest, which can cause excess gas and bloating. Other medications include ingredients that stop the enzymes in your body from digesting your food. Talk to your doctor about switching medications if you are taking any that are causing bloating.

Continue Learning about Bloating

How can constipation lead to bloating?
It is possible that your constipation may be contributing to your bloating. Lack of bowel movements ...
How is bloating diagnosed?
The first step in diagnosing bloating is a physical exam that includes a review of your medical hist...
What to Eat If...You Have Belly Bloat
What to Eat If...You Have Belly BloatWhat to Eat If...You Have Belly BloatWhat to Eat If...You Have Belly BloatWhat to Eat If...You Have Belly Bloat
Munch your way to a flatter stomach.
What Foods Should I Eat to Reduce Bloating?