This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q What birth control pills can be used while breastfeeding?
- Q What types of oral contraceptives are available in the United States?
- Q What are the side effects of stopping oral contraceptives?
- Q What are the long-term benefits of the contraceptive pill?
- Q How can taking birth control pills affect sexual desire?
- Q How can birth control pills help me later in life?