This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q How do birth control pills affect menstruation?
- Q What are some benefits of monophasic birth control pills?
- Q What is the potential impact of birth control pills on my diabetes?
- Q What types of oral contraceptives are available in the United States?
- Q What birth control pills can be used while breastfeeding?
- Q What are the side effects of going off the pill?