This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q What are the side effects of going off the pill?
- Q Can the birth control pill prevent colon cancer?
- Q How can taking birth control pills affect sexual desire?
- Q Is the pill effective immediately after I begin taking it?
- Q What is a birth control pill?
- Q Is it safe to take active contraceptive pills continuously?