This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q What is the potential impact of birth control pills on my diabetes?
- Q What are the side effects of stopping oral contraceptives?
- Q What are the long-term benefits of the contraceptive pill?
- Q Can the birth control pill increase my risk of cervical cancer?
- Q Should I be concerned if I miss a period while on the pill?
- Q How does taking birth control pills for a long time affect my fertility?