This does not occur in every woman, but studies show that those on hormonal contraception with decreased libido have lower free testosterone levels than women who do not take hormonal contraception. If that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to decreasing libido, low testosterone can lead to fatigue, lethargy and moodiness.
- Q What are the side effects of going off the pill?
- Q What is a birth control pill?
- Q Can the birth control pill help relieve perimenopausal symptoms?
- Q Do birth control pills shrink fibroid tumors?
- Q How do birth control pills affect menstruation?
- Q What are the long-term benefits of the contraceptive pill?