What kind of healthcare professional should I see about my bed sores?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Practitioner
If you have bed sores or are susceptible to getting them, you may have a team of health care professionals that work with you. Nurses, physical therapists, and your primary care doctor can all play a part in prevention and treatment. If a bed sore requires surgical intervention, you may be referred for surgical care, including orthopedic and plastic surgery.

Continue Learning about Bed Sores (Pressure Ulcers)

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.