What are the best lower body endurance exercises for a basketball player?

To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Exercises that can help you improve endurance in your lower body include performing aerobic exercise (such as walking, cycling or jogging) for extended periods of time usually between 20 to 60 minutes. Depending on your physical capabilities, you may need to start with 5 to 10 minutes of exercise and then progress to 20 - 30 minutes as you increase your endurance. If performing resistance training, any lower body exercise can help improve endurance. What becomes the biggest factor to enhance endurance is how the exercise is performed. Performing resistance exercises such as squats and leg presses using lower weight and higher repetitions (15-25) will help improve your endurance.

Continue Learning about Basketball

If I'm in a recovery period, how do I begin my basketball training?
Mike Elliott Mike Elliott
Once you have allowed yourself adequate time to recover (2-4 Weeks), you should dedicate some time t...
My basketball pre-season just began, what should I do?
During pre-season you should incorporate more skills-practice and games, and less time in the we...
What are the best whole body endurance exercises for a basketball player?
To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Improve...
As a basketball player, how can I assess my vertical jump height?
Vertical jump height is an important measure for basketball players. The double-leg vertical jum...