How do I manage my child's tracheitis on a daily basis?

Tracheitis is a childhood infection which requires prompt attention from a medical professional; it cannot be managed at home.

After a diagnosis of tracheitis, a child will be given antibiotics to combat the infection. If a child's symptoms are severe, a plastic tube may be inserted in the trachea to keep the airway open. With treatment, most children make a complete recovery.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Drug-Resistant UTIs On the Rise—What This Means For You
About 60 percent of women and 12 percent of men will get at least one urinary tract infection (UTI) during their lifetimes. These common infections, w...
What is cholera?
Cholera is an intestinal infection caused by bacteria. In the past, cholera occurred in most countri...
What is Elizabethkingia?
Elizabethkingia are bacteria that can cause severe infections like meningitis and bacteremia in newb...
What Contributes to Superbugs in the U.S.?