How do I manage my child's tracheitis on a daily basis?

Tracheitis is a childhood infection which requires prompt attention from a medical professional; it cannot be managed at home.

After a diagnosis of tracheitis, a child will be given antibiotics to combat the infection. If a child's symptoms are severe, a plastic tube may be inserted in the trachea to keep the airway open. With treatment, most children make a complete recovery.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

How to Spot the Warning Signs of a Flesh-Eating Infection
Ah, summer. The time of year for beaches, barbecues and… flesh-eating disease? Possibly. Anecdotally, there do seem to be more news reports of necro...
Is erysipelas contagious?
Cellulitis is the general term for bacterial skin infections, or bacterial infections that affec...
If I have bacterial vaginosis, does my partner need to be treated as well?
The female partner of a woman with bacterial vaginosis (BV) may also have it and should be tested an...
What Is Currently Being Done to Combat Superbugs?