What do I need to know about caring for someone with bacterial infections?

When caring for someone with bacterial infections, remember to offer both emotional and physical support. Bacterial infections can cause a lot of physical discomfort. It may help to attend doctor appointments with the person you are caring for. Some bacterial infections can be life threatening, which can cause a great deal of stress.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Infections

Is It Just a Sore Throat—or Something More Serious?
Before you wake up and open your eyes, you know something’s wrong. You feel like someone’s raked your throat with hot needles. Ouch. If you’ve also g...
What causes tracheitis?
The bacteria Staphylococcus aureus is typically the cause of tracheitis. In rare cases, tracheitis m...
What is sexual coercion?
Sexual coercion is unwanted sexual activity that happens after someone is tricked, pressured or forc...
How Can I Prevent an Antibiotic-Resistant Infection?