What are the symptoms of bacterial eye infections?

There are a variety of symptoms that indicate a bacterial eye infection. Frequent symptoms include itchiness and redness in the eye. You may also have difficulty seeing clearly. Some types of bacterial eye infections are painful, and may have some type of discharge or swelling around the eye.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Eye Infections

What is the rate of incidence of bacterial eye infections?
There is limited information on the occurrence of bacterial eye infections. Even when looking at con...
How quickly will bacterial eye infections clear up?
As with many bacterial eye infections, the infection clears up quickly with treatment. Eye drops and...
What's one reason for a yellowish cast in the whites of the eyes?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
One factor known for developing a yellowish cast of the white part of the eye is a thickening and de...
How can I tell if I have pink eye?
You should talk to your doctor if you or your child experience any symptoms of conjunctivitis (pink ...