What is the rate of incidence of bacterial eye infections?

There is limited information on the occurrence of bacterial eye infections. Even when looking at conjunctivitis (pink eye), which is very common, there is no clear information on the incidence of it occurring. Because this contagious eye infection can spread so easily, it is possible that millions of people suffer from conjunctivitis daily.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Eye Infections

How do bacterial eye infections affect other illnesses?
Similar symptoms between bacterial eye infections and other illnesses can make it difficult to diagn...
When should I see a doctor for symptoms of a bacterial eye infection?
If you are experiencing symptoms of a bacterial eye infection, it is important to see your doctor to...
What are the differences between bacterial and viral conjunctivitis?
Viral and bacterial conjunctivitis are similar, but differ in several key ways. First, bacterial...
What should I do about my pink eye?
Dr. Josh Johnston, ODDr. Josh Johnston, OD
Epidemic kerato-conjuctivitis (EKC), is a highly contagious virus that effects the eye. The virus is...