How do bacterial eye infections affect other illnesses?

Similar symptoms between bacterial eye infections and other illnesses can make it difficult to diagnose the type of infection. Due to vague symptoms and appearance, bacterial eye infections can be misdiagnosed as other eye problems. Additionally, other illnesses can make you more susceptible to the development of bacterial eye infections. HIV/AIDS, diabetes, and disorders that affect your immune system may increase your risk of developing bacterial eye infections.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Eye Infections

Does trachoma affect children differently than adults?
Because adults tend to have better personal hygiene practices and are less likely to touch their eye...
What type of doctor should I see to treat my bacterial eye infection?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
There are three types of professionals who specialize in treating the eye. These include ophthalmolo...
What causes GPC?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
GPC is thought to be caused by one or more of the following:Allergic reaction to a contact lens or t...
How does epidemic conjunctivitis pink eye affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Epidemic conjunctivitis pink eye affects the mucous membranes that cover and line the lids of your e...