There are several alternative treatments for blepharitis that some people have found to be helpful. Warm compresses applied to the eyes may help relieve symptoms and inflammation. Using a diluted mix of water and baby shampoo to clean the edge of your eyelids can assist in washing away oil debris or scales. Massaging the eyelids can help clean the oil gathered in the glands. If dandruff is suspected as the cause, a dandruff shampoo used regularly may help with signs and symptoms.
- Q Does blepharitis affect children differently than adults?
- Q What causes blepharitis?
- Q How does blepharitis affect the body?
- Q What is blepharitis?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with blepharitis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my blepharitis symptoms?