There are several alternative treatments for blepharitis that some people have found to be helpful. Warm compresses applied to the eyes may help relieve symptoms and inflammation. Using a diluted mix of water and baby shampoo to clean the edge of your eyelids can assist in washing away oil debris or scales. Massaging the eyelids can help clean the oil gathered in the glands. If dandruff is suspected as the cause, a dandruff shampoo used regularly may help with signs and symptoms.
- Q What increases my risk for blepharitis?
- Q What is blepharitis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect blepharitis?
- Q What lifestyle changes should I make if I have blepharitis?
- Q Does blepharitis affect children differently than adults?
- Q Is blepharitis serious?