What is bacterial cystitis?

Bacterial cystitis occurs when the bladder gets infected with bacteria. It is also known as urinary tract infection (UTI). Bacterial cystitis is common in women and can be painful. It can be a serious health problem if it spreads to the kidneys.

Continue Learning about Bacterial Cystitis

How can I care for someone with bacterial cystitis?
As a caregiver, you must ensure that the person suffering from cystitis drinks plenty of fluids, wat...
Does bacterial cystitis affect children differently than adults?
Symptoms of bacterial cystitis for children differ slightly from those of adults. Young children mig...
What are the chances of recurrence for bacterial cystitis?
Bacterial cystitis does reoccur and women tend to get infections more than men. You should see your ...
How do I manage bacterial cystitis on a daily basis?
You can manage cystitis on a daily basis by drinking plenty of fluids, especially water. Taking show...