When should I go to a doctor for back pain?

A visit to your healthcare provider is a good idea if you experience any of the following with your back pain:

• Your symptoms are severe.
  • The pain is keeping you from doing things that you do every day.
  • The problem does not go away or get better within a few days.

Take the RealAge Test!

Continue Learning about Back Pain

What should I do if back pain is disturbing my sleep?
Michael C. Smatt, DCMichael C. Smatt, DC
Whenever we have pain the body is telling us something is wrong. Do not ignore or cover up the sympt...
What is radiating or radicular joint and disc back pain?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Radiating or radicular joint and disc back pain is characterized by the same sharp, constant too...
How is spinal cord stimulation (SCS) performed?
Dr. Michael E. Steuer, MDDr. Michael E. Steuer, MD
A spinal cord stimulator procedure is performed in two parts. The first is a trial, followed by the ...
Can spinal stenosis cause spinal cord injury?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
If spinal stenosis is severe enough it can cause spinal cord injury by putting pressure directly on ...