What are health benefits of feeding babies pasteurized human milk?

Studies show that mother's milk contains a unique and powerful combination of nutrients important for infant health. Mother's milk supports growth and development and boosts a baby's ability to fight infection. It's also easy to digest and can promote the overall health of a baby's digestive system.

Pasteurized human milk from a donor provides some of these health benefits, which are particularly valuable in a baby's first weeks of life. Research is being conducted to determine the long-term benefits of pasteurized human milk.

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
Do I need to warm the bottle of formula or breast milk for my baby?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Room temperature formula is perfectly safe for babies and easier for you. Try giving your baby a bot...
What can my baby drink besides formula or breast milk?
What can my baby drink besides formula or breast milk? Your baby should drink only formula or breast...
Why do I need to feed my newborn baby frequently?
Woodrow C. Marriott, MDWoodrow C. Marriott, MD
In the first few weeks of life, your baby needs regular frequent breast-feeding or formula feedi...