What are the three basic kinds of baby formula?

There are three types of formulas for babies:
  • Powdered formula has instructions for how much water to mix with it. This is the least expensive type of formula, and it can be easily stored and transported.
  • Concentrated liquid formula also has instructions for how much water to add.
  • Ready-to-feed formula does not require water to be added. It comes in multiple- or single-serving cans or in ready-to-use baby bottles. It's convenient, but it's also the most expensive type of formula available.

Continue Learning about Baby Feeding & Nutrition

Please Do NOT Make Your Own Baby Formula
You may have seen recipes circulating online for homemade baby formula. Don't try them. Making your own baby formula simply isn't safe. I say this out...
Why is it important that my baby gets enough calories?
There are many reasons why you need to make sure your baby is getting enough calories. Among other t...
How much money can I save by making my own baby food?
Cheryl TallmanCheryl Tallman
Processed baby foods are expensive. The average baby in the United States will consume 600 jars ...
Are there cookbooks for making baby food?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
There are a growing number of great resources both on and off-line for making delicious, nutritious ...