How should I wash my baby's clothes and sheets?

Wash all of your baby's clothes, sheets, and towels before use. There's no need to wash the baby's things separately from your own or to use special baby detergent; the whole family can use perfume- and dye-free detergent. They're better for you, too. Avoid commercial fabric softeners and dryer sheets, as they contain harsh chemicals. If you must soften clothes, add either ¼ cup baking soda or ¼ cup white vinegar to the wash cycle. The vinegar will also take care of static cling.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

When I have a baby, in what situations should I call the doctor?
Always trust your intuition. It's better to call the doctor and be told it's nothing to worry about ...
What is the proper swaddling method?
To do a secure swaddle, follow these steps: Fold down the top corner of a blanket, and place baby...
Are There Any Foods That Parents Should Not Feed to Their Babies?
How to Get a Baby to Sleep Through the Night