How should I dress my baby so they are not too hot or too cold?

The general rule is that babies should wear as many layers as you are wearing. It’s all right to add one more layer if it makes you (or seems to make your baby) more comfortable. It’s not necessary to change the thermostat in your house just because you have a newborn; just dress him appropriately. If it is a hot day and you are only wearing a T-shirt and shorts, your baby should be OK in a onesie. If it is cooler out and you need a sweater and jacket, dress your baby the same. A hat is always a good idea—if it stays on! When it’s cold, babies lose body heat from their heads, and when it’s hot, a hat will protect them from the sun.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
What's the Best Way to Prevent Having a Picky Eating Toddler?
Are There Any Foods That Parents Should Not Feed to Their Babies?
How Do I Get a Newborn Baby to Sleep?
How Do I Get a Newborn Baby to Sleep?