What does it mean if my baby has white spots on his tongue?

If you're breastfeeding you'll want to be on the lookout for white spots that may develop on your baby's tongue. That's called thrush, a type of yeast infection that may hinder him from eating well. Thrush is easily treated with nystatin liquid. The prescription antifungal medication is administered as a 1.25 milliliter squirt onto the tongue (or tongue and cheeks if you see white plaques there too) four times a day.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Baby Care Essentials

3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
How Often Should I Bathe a Baby?
How Often Should I Bathe a Baby?
What Foods Should I First Feed My Baby?
What Foods Should I First Feed My Baby?
When Can I Start Giving My Baby Water?
When Can I Start Giving My Baby Water?