How can I protect my children from avian flu?

Protecting your children is very important. You may want to avoid traveling to an area where there is current avian flu activity. If you choose to travel with your children to an area of the world where there is bird flu, avoid birds and bird products, pay extra attention to their hygiene and safety.

In addition, teach your children how to properly wash their hands, and how to use hand sanitizer, and stress the importance of these actions on a regular basis. Thoroughly cook all poultry and poultry products, and make sure you wash any utensils or surfaces that come into contact with the raw poultry.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

Is there a cure for avian flu?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Avian flu (bird flu) is often treated with antiviral drugs, which attack the virus, preventing it fr...
What is the main danger of avian flu?
Right now, avian flu is rarely transmitted from one person to another. Yet, because influenza viruse...
Do antibiotics help to treat avian flu?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antibiotics can only be used to treat bacterial infections that may be complications of the avian fl...
What is the threat to humans from bird flu?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Avian flu, so virulent in birds, does not infect humans easily. Still, more than half of the people ...