How can I protect my children from avian flu?

Protecting your children is very important. You may want to avoid traveling to an area where there is current avian flu activity. If you choose to travel with your children to an area of the world where there is bird flu, avoid birds and bird products, pay extra attention to their hygiene and safety.

In addition, teach your children how to properly wash their hands, and how to use hand sanitizer, and stress the importance of these actions on a regular basis. Thoroughly cook all poultry and poultry products, and make sure you wash any utensils or surfaces that come into contact with the raw poultry.

Continue Learning about Avian Flu

Does avian flu affect children differently than adults?
In general, influenza affects children differently than adults. In children, the fever associate...
Is there a vaccine for avian flu?
There is a vaccine for avian flu (bird flu), but this vaccine is not yet in use among the population...
What is the threat to humans from bird flu?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Avian flu, so virulent in birds, does not infect humans easily. Still, more than half of the people ...
Are there alternative treatments for avian flu?
There are no alternative treatment options that have been proven to prevent or limit the duration of...