Carafate Suspension is a liquid medication containing the active ingredient sucralfate, which is used to treat active duodenal ulcers. Carafate forms a protective layer on the ulcer and acts as a barrier against bile salts, acid and stomach enzymes. It works directly on the ulcer and very little is absorbed into the blood. This medication also may have other uses, and your doctor will determine whether it is right for you. It is available as a liquid suspension and as a tablet.
- Q Who should not take Carafate Suspension?
- Q What are Carafate Tablets?
- Q What is sucralfate?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of sucralfate in my child?
- Q How soon after starting sucralfate will my symptoms improve?
- Q What should I know about Carafate Tablets before taking it?