Carafate Suspension is a liquid medication containing the active ingredient sucralfate, which is used to treat active duodenal ulcers. Carafate forms a protective layer on the ulcer and acts as a barrier against bile salts, acid and stomach enzymes. It works directly on the ulcer and very little is absorbed into the blood. This medication also may have other uses, and your doctor will determine whether it is right for you. It is available as a liquid suspension and as a tablet.
- Q What are possible side effects of sucralfate?
- Q What should I know about Carafate Tablets before taking it?
- Q Who should not take Carafate Suspension?
- Q Does carafate cause the stool to substantially darken?
- Q What should I do if my child misses a dose of sucralfate?
- Q Who should not take sucralfate?