Carafate Suspension is a liquid medication containing the active ingredient sucralfate, which is used to treat active duodenal ulcers. Carafate forms a protective layer on the ulcer and acts as a barrier against bile salts, acid and stomach enzymes. It works directly on the ulcer and very little is absorbed into the blood. This medication also may have other uses, and your doctor will determine whether it is right for you. It is available as a liquid suspension and as a tablet.
- Q What is sucralfate?
- Q What should seniors know before taking sucralfate?
- Q What should I know about Carafate Tablets before taking it?
- Q If I am pregnant, is it safe to use sucralfate?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of sucralfate in my child?
- Q Does carafate cause the stool to substantially darken?