When can I stop taking Xarelto?

When you can safely stop taking Xarelto (rivaroxaban) depends on why your doctor prescribed it. For instance, if you're taking it to prevent blood clots from forming after joint replacement surgery, your doctor will likely advise you to take Xarelto for 12 days following knee replacement and for 35 days following a hip replacement. However, if you have a condition that poses an ongoing risk of blood clots, you may need to be on Xarelto indefinitely.

Do not stop taking Xarelto without consulting your doctor, since stopping it may put you at risk of stroke.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...